MEET with uson 2nd Wednesdays 7 pm at the Secret Woods (NO MEETINGS in JULY or AUGUST).
WALK with uson Monthly Fieldtrips (NO FIELD TRIPS in JULY or AUGUST).
VISIT uson Facebook
READcurrent and past newsletters (see News)
Upcoming Landscaping Workshop
Sunday, October 21, 2018, 9am - noon
FNPS Landscaping Brochure
Here is the new Southeast Regional FNPS Native Landscaping brochure (Brevard to Dade). One side shows 63 recommended native landscape species in their "right place" (sunny-dry soils, for example) with at least 6 species for each light and soil-moisture zone. The other side has basic native landscaping tips and recommended links and books for additonal information. You can get a copy at any Broward Chapter event.
Below is a more comprehensive, but less beautiful, list of Broward County native landscape and ethusiast species using the same light and soil-moisture zones and sorted by plant size. This comprehensive list is a full pallet of species landscapers might consider to design innovative native landscaping in Broward. Note the nurseries and other excellent landscaping resource links below.
- Landscape & Enthusiast Plants Native to Broward (improved July 2017)
- Florida Native Plant Society's native plant resource pages https://fnps.org/plants which include planting zones, wildlife uses, etc. for Broward County.
- Institute for Regional Conservation Website with native landscape and enthusiast species found in the southern counties of Florida
- Native Nurseries list
Native plants have longstanding relationships with wildlife and many birds, butterflies, pollinators, and other creatures require a particular native species for food, reproduction, essential chemicals, or health. Below are three plant lists that help you match butterflies with the native plants they require or desire.
- Host Plants for Scarce South Florida Butterflies (sorted by plant)
- Nectar Plants for Scarce South Florida Butterflies (sorted by plant)
- South Florida Butterflies and their Native Plants (Broward County list)
- Scarce South Florida Butterflies and Host Plants (sorted by butterfly)
Looking for native plants for your garden?Don't get discouraged! Send us an email at: email@example.com.
Florida Native Plant Society membership is how you support the Broward Chapter financially.
Click on the map below to see a detail map of Broward showing remaining natural lands.